Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

StuBee
Helper I
Helper I

Barcode button missing

Hello,

Could anyone help me out please.

Until maybe last week I had the barcode scanner on my reports, working well, though now the button is missing completely.

Can anyone think of a reason why this may have changed? I haven't changed the report apart from updating the data.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sorry, I found the problem. A data column had had the 'Barcode' tag category added to it.

So it was trying to filter 2 columns I guess.

Sorry to waste your time, but hopefully this will help someone else. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StuBee
Helper I
Helper I

Hello, 

Latest app version. It is on the homescreen, but no longer an option within the report.

I was hoping for some advice as to what might have caused this to not be available any more (it disappeared just as people started to use it)

I am testing on Android. Running latest app. The button was previously there within the report, now using the option from the homescreen doesn't filter the report either.

Hey @StuBee,

Since the report does not appear also from the home screen scanner, I suspect that the report itself has changed. Can you please check the report's data model and verify that there is a single column marked as Barcode? It should be exactly one column tagged as barcode in a model. You can more about it here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/desktop-mobile-barcodes

If it is not the issue please send us a sample PBIX file with the probelm for additional investigation to Power BI Mobile Support <mpbisup@microsoft.com>.

Thanks, Maya

Sorry, I found the problem. A data column had had the 'Barcode' tag category added to it.

So it was trying to filter 2 columns I guess.

Sorry to waste your time, but hopefully this will help someone else. 

mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @StuBee ,

What device are you using? iPhone or Android? Phone or tablet? What app version?

Are you looking for barcode scanning as the app's homescreen (top-right camera icon) or part of a report?

Thanks, Maya

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors