Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

joao_gng

Barcode Scanner Reading Barcode But Not Applying The Filter

Hello!

I am currently stuck in a Power BI Mobile Report where I want to use a barcode to filter my results. 

I believe it is not filtering because I have various barcodes for each product (because of different sizes), so in my barcode table I have, for example, the same product key in 5 different rows for five different barcodes, then a Many:1 relationship to my Product Table.

I want my barcode to filter the product correspondent to that barcode.

Any suggestion? 

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
michalfoster
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hi @joao_gng 

There is no such limitation for Barcode scanning using Power BI Mobile. You can filter your barcode even if you have many barcodes to one Product key.

We do have a limitation where we support filtering only for reports that have only one barcode column across all report data tables. If you scan a barcode for a report that has more than one barcode column, no filtering takes place.

Do you have more then one barcode column is your report data tables?

Thanks,

Michal

ponnusamy
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@joao_gng : Based on your intended use, I believe "PowerApps" might serve well than Power BI. However, if you want to do that in Power BI, see if the solution below works for you.

TinyTake10-09-2021-08-49-36.png

TinyTake10-09-2021-08-50-26.png

TinyTake10-09-2021-08-50-01.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors