Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

chrisho
Frequent Visitor

Background image in mobile report view

When viewing in iOS Power BI app, the background image in mobile report doesn't load.

Sometimes it works after navigating between pages or changing device orientation to view in original layout, but most of the times it's just blank and wouldn't load.

Any fix for this?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@chrisho

I reproduced same issue as yours. The background image is not displayed when rendering a report. It's displayed properly after switching pages. We have reported this issue internally. You can also submit an Issue on Idea: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/360879-issues

Regards,

View solution in original post

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@chrisho

The fix should be included in the next release. Please check it later (maybe after 11/30/2016).

Best Regards,

Herbert

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @adleh ,

Can you please double check you are adding image as page background and not wallpaper?

the app supports images as page background, but not as wallpaper.

Thanks, Maya

mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @adleh ,

what is the issue you are facing with background image? We are not aware of any...

Thanks Maya

I embedded a picture and uploaded as my backgournd image, but the image was not rendering in the mobile view. I had to copy and paste the image as a static object for it to work.

adleh
Frequent Visitor

Has this issue been fixed. I am having issues with the backfround image in mobile report view?

MiguelSaldana77
Resolver I
Resolver I

I have the same problem with backgorund image on mobile

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello. Has there been any update on this issue?

No there has not, as my reports are still useless in Mobile due to this....:/ Only 2 years later lol
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update on this?

Hey @Anonymous ,

For report consumed in landscape, the iamge should load and the report should look exactly as in the broswer. If this is not what you're experiencing, please let us know.

For mobile layout (portrait), we currently don't support background images. As a workaround you can place on the canvas an image visual that spans to the entire canvas and overlay other visuals on top of it.

Thanks, Maya

This is still currently an issue. When viewing the report in the iOS mobile app, the background image does not load in any orientation on the reporting. Please provide a solution if possible. Thank you!

Hi @DaveFry  & @Anonymous ,

Can you please verify that the image that is set in the report is a Background image and not Wallpaper image?

While we do support a background image on landscape, the Wallpaper image is not supported in Mobile for now.

Thanks,

Michal

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's correct-  it does not show up in either landscape or portrait.

John

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@chrisho

The fix should be included in the next release. Please check it later (maybe after 11/30/2016).

Best Regards,

Herbert

Hi Herbert,

still running into the same issue with the background image on phone view.

Of course, I did install the latest release of Power BI desktop from the January 2017 release.

Besides I wonder why there is no customization at all at the Phone View at Power BI desktop!? 

Any updates would be more than welcome.

Thanks a lot,

Walter 

chrisho
Frequent Visitor

The background image just wouldn't load in mobile report.

Even if I change only the background colour instead of setting a background image, it shows white background.

Sometimes the background image appears after changing device orientation (to view original layout) or go to different pages in the report, but most of the times it is just blank.

Any fix for this?

I see the same experience on my Windows Phone. Is the background image really that important? You're going to have to live without reduced functionality on mobile devices in general.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@chrisho

I reproduced same issue as yours. The background image is not displayed when rendering a report. It's displayed properly after switching pages. We have reported this issue internally. You can also submit an Issue on Idea: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/360879-issues

Regards,

hi, any success after 6 years ?

because i still facing this issue , my backgroung image not working in mobile layout so if you have any solution to that problem then pls guide me towords solution.

I am also facing the same issue. The background image of the desktop report also gone missing after I switched the pages.  Other visuals are responsive by it's nature and getting adjusted by the size automatically. But it is not working for text boxes. Do you have any idea on it? Report heading can't be fit in mobile layout. @michalfoster @mshenhav 

Hi @Ramya616 ,

Regarding the background image, it is not supported in mobile optimized layout.

The other visuals are being placed in the mobile layout and the report creator can adjust their size and formatting setting to fit mobile.

We are also working to allow text box formatting setting to be editable for mobile.

Thanks,

Michal

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors