Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

leJuan5150
Helper I
Helper I

ArcGIS Maps on iPad - White Screen

Hi there,

We are actively using ArcGIS Maps for Power BI which works great within Power BI Desktop and in the web browser.  

We recently started having issues with the iPad though (9.7 iPad Pro).  Since the latest ArcGIS Map update the entire report containing an ArcGIS Map will randomly white/blank screen.  This also happens when putting the ArcGIS Map into focus mode.

Is anyone else having this issue on the iPad and are there any solutions?

Thanks!

P.S. I also just tested on the iPhone 6S and it has the same issue.

5 REPLIES 5
LiraCassidy

You can update your ArcGIS Maps and iOS system to last version. If you don't know how to update your iOS system, you may read this article.

The Best Way to Fix iPad White Screen of Death

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @leJuan5150,

Can you provide some detail contents about your issue? Based on test, I can see the arcgis map reports, but the dashboard which contains arcgis map are keep loading without success.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft,

I encountered the issue in the reports on the iPad (I haven't pinned the ArcGIS Map to the dashboard to test yet).

The ArcGIS Map is using the "streets" basemap, contains one reference layer, and about 600 lat/longs.  If I remove the reference layer the problem still occurs.

As I mentioned previously, it works great in the web browser and in the desktop, but we have multiple users having issues with the iPad.

Please let me know if you require more information.

Cheers,

John

Hi @leJuan5150,

Since I can't reproduce your issue, you can submit a ticket for it and share the detail contents to power bi mobile team.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

The ArcGIS visualization is a data dense visualization that, as a result, may consume a lot of resources.

In some cases, the ArcGIS visualization requires more resources than the hosting device has available.

In those cases the ArcGIS visualization may time out – resulting in an error.

We have taken this to our attention and with our partners at ESRI are working on a solution to reduce resource consumption.

We estimate that the solution will be available in the upcoming releases,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Roy Gal

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors