Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple Watch problem displaying KPI tile

Hi, 

I am not able to display KPI tiles in the PowerBI app for Apple Watch. 
I am however able to display the card vizualisation.

The error i am getting is; 
"We only support KPI and Card tiles, go to power.........."

I am 100% sure this is a KPI tile and not something else.

Is there any other limitation? Are anyone else having the same issue?

br
Fredrik

11 REPLIES 11
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @edy80y ,

Thanks for reporting this. 

Can you please send us screencapture of the tiles you are using? is it possible to share with us also the PBIX file?

Want to make sure which type of visuals you are using.

Please send us the above to Power BI Mobile Support <mpbisup@microsoft.com>.

Thanks, Maya

Hi Maya, I sent through an email earlier this morning with a screenshot of the visualization I'm using.  It's definitely the default card being used.

edy80y
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I'm having the same issue but using Card tiles, not KPI.  I'm on Power BI iOS app v23.8 so it should be a few versions ahead of the release mentioned this would be fixed in. Can we assume this is still an outstanding issue?

Hey @edy80y ,

We are releasing a version with some bug fixes early next month. Can you please get that version and report back if it fixes your issue?

Thanks, Maya

Hi @mshenhav I updated the Power BI iOS app today v23.9.  Then re-sync'd to my watch and still showing the same issue.

Hi @mshenhav , absolutely will do, cheers.

sysdev

I have the same problem Fredrik.

I have a previous dashboard with a single KPI on from about 3 months ago, this works fine on apple watch. I tried to create a new one yesterday and got the same error as you.

Card visuals work ok - but even the most basic KPI visual no longer works on apple watch - infact if I pin the same visual that works in another dashboard to a new dashboard it doesn't appear on watch (!)

So it seems like the ability to use KPIs on Apple Watch in new dashboards has been regressed recently..

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

To view tiles from multiple dashboards on your watch, create a new dashboard in the Power BI service, and pin all the relevant tiles to it.

The watch app communicates with Power BI via Power BI mobile app on the iPhone. Therefore, the Power BI app must be running on your iPhone, at least in the background, for the dashboard on the watch app to refresh.

If you don't change the name, the Power BI widget will shorten the name to the number of characters that fit the small space on the watch face.

Reference: Explore your data in the Power BI mobile app on your Apple Watch

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 
Thats not really the problem. 
The problem is, i am only able to display CARD-type vizualisations on my Apple Watch, and not KPI-type Vizualisations. 

Could you tell me if the support for KPI-type visuals are taken away? Because they were availible before.

Thanks!

br
Fredrik

Hey @Anonymous ,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

We are working on a fix. It will be available in the next Power BI iOS release.

Regards, Maya

Same prolem is going on.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors