Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

martinrowe
Advocate I
Advocate I

App usability bugs

Ive been using the mobile app now for some time and I have noticed a number of usability issues with the Android version of the app. Is there anywhere to formally report these or know if they are already known issues that are being worked on

Two issues are;

1. I have noticed that whenever you change between the two the app dumps you to the first page of the report rather than keep you on the same one you are trying to view.

2. The left/right swipe functionality isnt working (i have reported this in another post also). Not having this makes #1 much worse also as navigation via pages panel is clunky for one handed use on a mobile.

3. Data is not auto refreshed when you open a report - you have to swipe down to refresh this

I do not see the same behaviour when looking via iPhone App (both phones are latest versions of hardware and software) for # 1 & 2. I think that #3 happens on both from my experience

Martin

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @martinrowe,

#3: About the refresh data, you can take a look at below document:

View your data offline in the Power BI mobile apps

Background data refresh

Background refresh updates your favorite dashboards, plus dashboards and reports you've viewed in the last two weeks, with the data on the Power BI service (not the data source). If you're connected to wi-fi, background refresh updates every 2 hours. Otherwise, if you’re on a 3G network, Power BI updates the content every 24 hours.

You can turn off background refresh, for example to avoid network usage. Check the settings on your device.

Note: If you use the Power BI mobile app on an iOS device and your organization has configured Microsoft Intune MAM, then background data refresh is turned off. The next time you enter the app, Power BI refreshes the data from the Power BI service on the web.

Read more about configuring Power BI mobile apps with Microsoft Intune.

For #1, #2,#4 and #5, I think you can submit them to ideas to help us improve power bi mobile app.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
martinrowe
Advocate I
Advocate I

would also like to note a #4 & 5!

4. When using a date slide, when you go to enter the date using a calendar pop-up the calandar can be too large to fit on the screen and you have to scroll down to select some dates. Or there should be a way to adjust the focus so the screen scrolls so it is all in view to enable selection without the user having to scroll

5. Date format in the date sliders seems to revert back to mm/dd/yyy rather than the dd/mm/yyyy I have in the report itself.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors