Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MVanner
Regular Visitor

Android Date Slicer in Embeded Reports

Hi,

Im trying to use a Slicer on dates with the setting of between like in the picture.

But when I open my embeded report on a android device I can't change the month and the year. I can only change the day for the specific month I start in.
When i try to change the month by first pressing the date to get the datepicker and then the small arrows to change the month, it open and closes the keyboard quickly and then looses the state of the datepicker and then its back to where i started.

I can sort of fix this using the slider to get the right date or month and then use the datepicker to choose the day, but this is suboptimal and is was wondering if there is a better way to do this?

My embeded report is used inside of a webview in a app.

MVanner_0-1624620143798.png

Thanks for reading and taking your time to help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MVanner ,

Based on my test, after you created a mobile layout report, the keyboard crash phenomenon will be resolved in the power bi mobile app.

Screenshot 2021-06-29 173843.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
dax_bi
Helper I
Helper I

Hello Guys, 

Is there any other fix other than using the mobile layout report ?

dax_bi
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @v-stephen-msft 

I too have the same issue, its works good on my IOS device browser but not on android devices browsers. 

Lets us know if there is a fix. 

Hi @dax_bi 

Could you maybe write what you have tried, so that i can see if i can try some. more ideas on how to maybe get it to work.

I still havent gotten it to work.

Hi @MVanner 

I used the same date slicers but without the slicer, the dashboard I created was in web Layout and not in mobile layout and when I filter the date on an IOS device on Safari brower everything works good but on an android brower ( internet or chrome ) is just closes/doesnt select. I'm not sure but I think is some issue only on android devices. 

Excatly the same thing happend to me, and i also tested it with the mobile layout and it still did not work. I tried to inspect the html elements while its happening, and it seems like it tries to open a date picker in a input field that is not set to a datepicker, but just text field. And then when it opens it sees the field as a text field and tries to open the keyboard and that messes with the custom datepicker that is made for Power bi.

But good to hear im not the only one with this problem 🙂

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MVanner ,

Based on my test, after you created a mobile layout report, the keyboard crash phenomenon will be resolved in the power bi mobile app.

Screenshot 2021-06-29 173843.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MVanner ,

Based on my test, it works well. 

What mobile browser you are using to view the embedded report, you can try to clear the cache of the mobile browser.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

Hi @v-stephen-msft,

I tried to clear my cache but it didn't help.

I use google chrome on Android 9, and also on tested it on a Android 10 device using Chrome aswell.

I have tried to do it our app and in a browser. Our app is just basicly a shell for a web app, so we if i can get it to work in a browser it should work both places.

Best Regards

Mathias Vanner

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors