Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wrong version of PBIDesktopSetup_x64.exe 2.102.622.0 download, the version still is 2.100.1401.0

today i downloaded PBIDesktopSetup_x64.exe 2.102.622.0, to create a install package for my organazation.

when i extracted the .exe and started adding a .mst to the powerbi.exe i noticed the version of the .msi still was at 2.100.1401.0.

so i started checking what went wrong.

after some research i found that the .exe that i downloaded here(https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494) that says version 2.102.622.0 is still at 2.100.1401.0.

this results in a problem when trying to update the 2.100.1401.0 version to 2.102.622.0 version.

This because we use an automated update tool that wants to install the new update but the installation fails because its already installed. the automatic update tool then triggers a restart and tries again.

so therefor this request to please update the version for the file that we download.

Thankyou! 

Hi,

According to my research, a similar issue has been reported internally, so stay tuned.

Problem description: Cx downloaded the latest version Power BI Desktop from Microsoft Download Center and found the version displayed in Desktop is wrong after installation.

ICM: 289626619

I will update here once I get any information.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi,

According to my research, a similar issue has been reported internally, so stay tuned.

Problem description: Cx downloaded the latest version Power BI Desktop from Microsoft Download Center and found the version displayed in Desktop is wrong after installation.

ICM: 289626619

I will update here once I get any information.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin