Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

webview2 proces failed out of memory

My power bi crashes 10 times per day and more.

Hi @MilicaPavlović 

Please try to disable Power BI Desktop infrastructure update in Options(File>Option and settings>Options>Preview features) and check whether the performance of Desktop will be improved. If performance issue is indeed caused by WebView2, please take the method as a workaround currently. In addition, please let me know the versions of your Desktop and your WebView2.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi All,

The workaround mentioned earlier is applicable in Power BI Desktop but no Power BI service. May I know what kind of errors you will get if your report crashes in Power BI service?

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous, I am experiencing the exact same issue as you. My error message for when mine crashes is essentially identical to yours. Are you using the Smart FIlter by OKViz in that report as well?

@zausten, I also am using the Smart Filter by OKViz in this report. The weird thing for me, is this only started happening on new PBI reports I build. I have an old report that uses the Smart Filter by OKViz without any issues. I noticed this through performance analyzer where the old report would refresh the visual around 400 ms but the new report was taking 5500 ms and both reports had the same data and setup.

Did OKViz get back to you with any updates yet?

zausten
Helper I

@Anonymous 

No I have had nothing from OKViz, only that they were talking to MS Support and some Smart Filter Pro users had expereinced the same.  OKViz said the filter uses an underlying API and that whatever has changed is causing the issue so its MS issue.    MS support have said the report works fine for them though, so tbh no answer from either. 

Am currently downloading an old version of PBI to see if it works there. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnonymousIndeed I am using smartviz okfilter on that View and as others are stating it seems to e the issue. To me it happens both in desktop and published apps.

MilicaPavlović
Advocate I

@zaustenThank you for description of your problem

MilicaPavlović
Advocate I

@v-cazheng-msftHi, few days ago after I unchecked option in settings problem was still there. Today, I tried to work in desktop and I dididnt notice problem.

I think that problem was bigest  in first days of february . In those days working in BI was impossible

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi All,

There is an official document mentioned similar errors and provide solutions for such kind of issues. Please take a look at it and try the solutions in it.

Link of official document: Resolve issues when starting Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,