Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

unable to load the model

Hey,

Since monday we are having the following problem:

the load times of the visuals are extremly long!

and half of the times i get the following error:

Unable to load the model 

Capture.PNG

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @KKK1986,

Did this issue happen to only one specific report or all reports in Power BI service? 

Please go to dataset settings of dataset, check if gateway( required if on-premise data source) and credential are set fine. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

KKK1986
Regular Visitor

Hey,

It is in one/two specific report

the gateway and the credentials are just fine...

this report works well with some of our users and some have issue as i stated above

please advise

Thanks,

Kobi

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @KKK1986,

Which data sources does the report get data from? If it's SSAS data sources, please make sure their email addresses match a defined UPN within the local Active Directory Domain. If not, please create a mapping role in Manage Gateways for them, see: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-enterprise-manage-ssas#usernames-with-anal...

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

KKK1986
Regular Visitor

Hey,

The data source is regular mssql...

it worked perfect until last tuesday

thanks,

Kobi

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @KKK1986,

Did you or any other person modify the report recently? Please check if you create any RLS role in the report, if it does, please make sure you have add members correctly under this role. See: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-rls

Would you please create a simple report just get data from the same SQL database, check if data can load after publish to Power BI service. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

KKK1986
Regular Visitor

Hey,

no one can modify this reports except me... the RLS didnt changed in the past two month.

other report from the same DB are working just fine.

from all our 50 users only 3 have this issues...

Thanks

Kobi

Sakmah
Regular Visitor

Hi ,

The gateway needs to be restarted.

Thanks

lokeshb31
Helper II

We are facing the same issue currently. is there any permanent solution for this issue? We have a datasource and report build in progress, it will get updated frequently in initial state. I observed this error when I swithced users permission on workspace from member/admin/controbutor to viewer. 

Is there any permission needed on dataset for vewier role? I observed that viewer can not see dataset, but he can just see report in workspace. We have RLS applied on user and deleting and republishing dataset is not a solution.