Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

unable remove RLS roles in PBI service

Roles have been deleted in .pbix and republished to service, but old roles persist and users cannot see data.  Also, RLS appears only for a workspace rather than a data set, which doesn't make sense.  

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @v-brjud,

I'm not very clear about this sentence "RLS appears only for a workspace rather than a data set", would you please clarify it? Does the issue happen to old version app workspace or preview workspace? How does the RLS member view the report? 

I tested on my side. created a pbix file which has RLS role defined then published the report to a app workspace (old version), added a user(user1 is a view only member of this app workspace) as a member of this RLS role on Security tab. Removed the RLS role in Power BI desktop, saved the change then republished the report. There was no role displays in Security tab and previous assigned user(user1) can view all the report data. 

In your scenario, please go to Security tab of the dataset to check if there is any RLS role. Also please update Power BI desktop to the same version 2.65.5313.841 as ours then test it again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info