Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tooltips based on report pages

Hi 

I have a tooltip based on a report page

The tooltip chart is based on a simple table visualization of many records 

however, due to the size of the tootip page, not all the records are visible so there is the vertical scroll bar

when I move the mouse ove the graph linked to the tooltip, suddenly it seems the vertical scroll bar moves itself and I cannot be able to enter in that tooltip to move up or down the scroll bar

any way to avoid that?

however I could limit the view to the first 20 records sorted by a field that should fill the tooltip page size. is there a way to obtain this on a tooltip page/table chart?

Thanks in advance

F

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Frankie_Vannini

It's not supported currently. For your requirement, you can vote this same idea: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/33620479-tooltips

To work around the issue, you can use drill through feature instead of tooltip: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-drillthrough

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Frankie_Vannini
Advocate I

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

Thanks for your answer

Just a question. do you know why the tooltip, once I move the mouse across the line, changes the displayied record?

I mean the tooltip is a table with multiple records and a lateral scroll bar. My expectation is to see, always, the first x records displayed , in line with the size of the tooltip page layout, even if I cannot access to the lateral scroll bar. Unfortunately moving the mouse across the page where the tooltip is used, the data displayed inside the tooltip are not always the first x records (that I've sorted by a field) but suddenly the record displayed are in the middle of the table and I'm not able to force the tooltip to display always the first top visible records, following the sort order I've setup in the tooltip page

any idea?

Tks

Krgds

F

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Frankie_Vannini

>> I mean the tooltip is a table with multiple records and a lateral scroll bar. My expectation is to see, always, the first x records displayed , in line with the size of the tooltip page layout, even if I cannot access to the lateral scroll bar. Unfortunately moving the mouse across the page where the tooltip is used, the data displayed inside the tooltip are not always the first x records (that I've sorted by a field) but suddenly the record displayed are in the middle of the table and I'm not able to force the tooltip to display always the first top visible records, following the sort order I've setup in the tooltip page

Please share some screesnhots so I can understand it clearly. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Frankie_Vannini
Advocate I

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

I've solved the issue using a combination of filtes in the reports tooltip page so only first 15 rows are showed

Many thanks

F