Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tooltip disappears too fast

Hi,

when I hover with the mouse over my bar chart visual, I see the underlying data of that bar in a tooltip in a table, coming from a tooltip page. Theoreticaly, I can click on that table in the tooltip to change there the sorting or follow a web url, but practically, the tooltip disappears after 1s, when you move with the mouse over it.

Since the tooltip can be used interactively (nice!), I would like to request a possiblity to modify "if" / "how long" the tooltip window should stay open before it disappears, to have more time to navigate there. In that menu:

Visual --> Format --> Tooltip --> add here a time of how long it should stay visible (1s by default)

or, please, simply change the default from 1s to at least 3 seconds

My use case: I have a visual with the top 10 customers by value. In the tooltip (page) I have the table with their CRM Opportunities. The opportunity name is formatted as a web link, so you can jump to the opportunity in D365 For Sales by clicking on it. But currently, the tooltip disappears too fast and if the list of opportunities is long, it's hard to click fast and catch the correct line. 

Thank you,

BR Roman

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@romgut 

This seems meaningful. You share feedback via Ideas to help improve Power BI.

romgut
Advocate III

thank you @v-chuncz-msft ! I thought I did 🙂 

wrong chat...