Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

the popped up browser from the link in Power BI Desktop can't sign in

When I click a link in the Power BI Desktop, it popped up an independent browser. And I input the sign-in info and it shows the following message:

You can't get there from here
This application contains sensitive information and can only be accessed from:
  • Devices or client applications that meet Microsoft management compliance policy.
You need to be signed in to Microsoft Edge with the work or school account shown above. To sign in, click on your account image. 

This popped up independent browser I think is a new feature in the new Power BI Desktop update, but it really sucks. 

I hope the issue can be fix asap.

Hi, 

Where do you find and click on the Power BI report link?

I suggest you to try to change the default browser of your windows to Chrome to check if the problem can disappear.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi, 

Where do you find and click on the Power BI report link?

I suggest you to try to change the default browser of your windows to Chrome to check if the problem can disappear.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

drvn2wn
Frequent Visitor

Here's a community post that found the root cause: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Web-URL-Link-No-Long-Opens-my-Default-Web-Browser/m-p/22638...

When clicking any URL from a table, PowerBI now opens an Edge-powered internal browser instead of the system's default browser. This is a major issue and hopefully not intended and future requirement of webview2.