Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

[technical error] Couldn't load the data for visual while displaying shared data from reports/boards

Dear PowerBI support team,

Everytime I try to share or create a new dashboard and share with users within the organization, the latters are not actually able to see any Visual from the reports/dashboards contents.

I am based in Dubai, UAE, with PowerBI Pro account, and this issue has been happening for a while now, making it super difficult to leverage PowerBI sharing functionalities (the dataset is coming from a powerBI desktop file published online via admin user)

this is message showing up for each Visual (when I login from the other users accounts):

"Couldn't load the data for this visual 
Couldn't retrieve the data for this visual. Please try again later.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Http Status Code401
Activity IDf9db8adf-e9f6-ee92-3261-aae1992dd728
Correlation ID00b493ce-37ca-96be-c8d9-219904696de9
Request IDb451c3fa-696b-2e71-0b9c-e3c1823bf1a2
TimeFri Jan 13 2017 19:51:30 GMT+0400 (GST)
Version13.0.1700.899

Screenshot 2017-01-13 19.38.15.pngScreenshot 2017-01-13 19.51.54.png

thanks a lot for precious availability.

Best,

Alessandro

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@alex_dubai

Did this issue only happen recently but not before? Can the dashboard be seen properly by yourself both in Desktop and Service?

What is the data source of the dashboard and can other users in your organization have permission to the data source? Did you configure Row Level Security for it?

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

alex_dubai
Regular Visitor

dear @v-haibl-msft, thanks for follow up.

I had answered 2 weeks ago from the email but I just realized that this never got posted to the forum:

dear @Vicky_Song and @v-haibl-msft,

regarding issue raised earlier:

1) Did this issue only happen recently but not before? it started happening in mid November 2016 and then I changed user to share the dashboard, it didn't happen for a couple of weeks, then it started happening again from December 2016, till now still problem is there ;(

2) Can the dashboard be seen properly by yourself both in Desktop and Service? YES, as admin in Online and publisher from PowerBI desktop, all dashboard is fine

3) What is the data source of the dashboard and can other users in your organization have permission to the data source? data source is generally speaking transactional backend ecommerce data from mySQL connector database and Google Analytics data imported to the model

4) Did you configure Row Level Security for it? no, haven't deployed any user role level there in the model

thanks, I hope to hear from you soon.

Best,

Alessandro

alex_dubai
Regular Visitor

Any news on above dear  @Vicky_Song and @v-haibl-msft?