Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

synonyms for Q&A not working in the Power BI Service (but work well in Desktop)

Hi,

Just two weeks ago, I published a report that has synonyms for Q&A, it worked extremely well in my dashboard in app.powerbi,com.

Out of nowhere (with no changes to the report), all the synonyms stopped working. the Q&A demands the actual name of the columns/measures, and any synonym is grayed out as incomprehensible.

I checked my original report, nothing has changed there, in fact Ask A Question Q&A in the desktop pbix version works well.

is this something that has to do with phrasingthat got introduced in April? I am still unfamiliar with it. but it looks strange since everything was working perfectly well two weeks ago.

any thoughts?

perhaps Power Bi service is having a Q&A bug in some October update release?

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @jfreyha,

Please share more information about "Out of nowhere (with no changes to the report), all the synonyms stopped working. the Q&A demands the actual name of the columns/measures, and any synonym is grayed out as incomprehensible."

Does the issue happen to this one specific report or all reports? Please share pbix file and some screenshot for us to understand the issue better. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info