Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

subscription gets deleted when I republish an existing report.

This just started two days ago.  When I republish an existing report that already had a subscription on it for many users, the subscription gets deleted and I have to start all over again and set it up.  Can you offer assistance please? 

Comments
chrismo
Regular Visitor

Same issue here, and I only just started using subscriptions recently. This issue goes back to 2017. Any updates Microsoft?

Anonymous
Not applicable
jendebett

same problem just started happening last week (7/16/20)

eleventech
Regular Visitor

I had this same issue, in my case I re-published the reports on Thursday, July 16th.

As of Monday, July 20th 12:30PM CST this appears to be resolved, but I did have to re-create all my subscriptions.

asmkhaja2000
Frequent Visitor

Yes. This issue has been resolved after 5 days. Thank you Microsoft. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been having this issue for a long time. Luckily I don't have many subscriptions. I noticed that a similar issue happens when you delete and republish a data set that you have linked to Excel. Even though the data set name doesn't change, I still have to update the data connection in each Excel file. So maybe this is related the key ID used by PBI for the sub? Rather than using the name of the subscription it uses a key?

Blake753
Helper II

I just had the same thing happen to me today.  Data source is excel and I republish to to update and I just had my subscription list deleted.

lcadyHSIG
Advocate I
the nice support staff at Microsoft fixed the bug for us and it was working about 2 weeks after my VP opened an incident. I haven't had the issue since the fix was implemented.
karo
Post Patron

Any updates? 

ChrisRenlund
Advocate I

Seems as this issue is back again?
We have daily subscriptions set up for a report and published a new version of it on monday - since then no emails are sent out and and when checking subscriptions today they were all missing?
We also see issues with setting up subscriptions for others from the app-view, stating that "You are not the owner" even though the user is listed as app-owner. Doesn't work if you are administrator of the workspace either.