Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shifted layout and changed color when printing

We were testing the printing features on both the premium services and the report server. On both plattforms we noticed a shifted layout and, using the Microsoft browsers IE and Edge, we noticed color-changes.

Information on the report:

We are using the Microsoft sample data and created Layout-images which were inserted as page background.

Tests were conducted using the August-version of Power BI Desktop and PowerBI Desktop RS.

Can anyone reproduce this error? Is there a fix/workaround to solve this issue?

Shift in Layout and in color depending on the browser

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @CaBa,

Power BI can't guarantee print layout, it depends on browsers, see this article

• Q: My printout isn't scaled correctly. My dashboard doesn't fit on the page. Other scaling and orientation questions.
  • A: We cannot guarantee that the printed copy will be exactly the same as it appears in Power BI service. Things like scaling, margins, visual details, orientation, and size are not controlled by Power BI. For help with issues like this, refer to the documentation for your specific browser.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

CaBa
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

thank you very much for your reply. While I was aware of the Q/A-section, I was wondering if Microsoft wouldn't be interested in providing a seamless and fully functional ecosystem. Starting with the Microsoft tools to set up the database via Microsoft's Power BI to create a report, leading to a fully functional printout in a Microsoft Browser. Currently IE and Edge have issues in both displaying colors and shifts in layout. 

Kind regards

Carsten

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @CaBa,

You can submit your feedback in Ideas forum: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

To workaround the issue, you can export report to PowerPoint on Power BI service or export to PDF in Power BI desktop, then print the exported report. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu