Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sequence contains no matching element

I refreshed my report which went fine, then i went into a workbook to input some masterdata then i got this "

"error sequence contains no matching element"

Nothing major has been changed. Only some numbers and text which is done on a daily basis.

Why is this happening?

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi

I couldn't reproduce the the error.

maybe you could try the previous version of Powerbi Desktop.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/desktop-latest-update-archive

and what is your datasource?

Regards,

Lin

AdamPodhola
Regular Visitor

Hello, 

I have the same issue, last week my dashboard was working fine. Today Query Editor works fine, but when I try to refresh the whole dataset I get: "error sequence contains no matching element"

I even tried my previous version (so no changes) and I get the same error there as well. 

Using SharePoint located excels as a source

Any suggestions on how to solve this?

Thank you

AP

Wienke

Hello, 

Today Query Editor works fine, but when I try to refresh the whole dataset I get: "error sequence contains no matching element"

I even tried my previous version (so no changes) and I get the same error there as well. 

Using SharePoint located excels as a source

Any suggestions on how to solve this?

Thank you

cmengel
Advocate II

I am experiencing the same issue.  I discovered a data refresh error and went into Power Query.  I removed the offending step and clicked "Close and Apply".  The query evaluated, loaded data to the model and when I thought it was about to finish, I recieved the "Sequence contains no matching element" error.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the exact same issue as described above, suddenly I get the "Sequence contains no matching element" even though no changes have been made to the source files, etc. Sources are excel stored in Sharepoint.

AdamPodhola
Regular Visitor

Hello all, 

I might have found a workaround. Took all the queries in the Query Editor and copy/pasted them into a new .pbix file. The data model refreshed. On the other hand, I will need to reproduce all the visuals and DAX measures.. Therefore this is not really an elegant solution. 

Hope this helps

AP

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
JonSwed
Advocate II

Experiencing the same issue.

Dashboard refreshes fine, all credentials working.

Two queries connected to BigQuery. When I try to append them I get the error.

datamomgit
Frequent Visitor

This error so far has been due to:

1: Duplicate rows in a field used as a primary join

2: a date format error in different table which casued chain reaction

It seems this is a new bug in the February 2021 version.  Specific error messages are not coming through.