Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

scheduled refresh paused for onprem dataset

I got an email that my dataset refresh has been paused due to inactivity, but I just accessed it earlier this week. The dataset is an on-prem SSAS server connected through desktop gateway. There must be a bug in how it detects if it's being used.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @fai,

From this article

After two months of inactivity, scheduled refresh on your dataset is paused. A dataset is considered inactive when no user has visited any dashboard or report built on the dataset. At that time, the dataset owner is sent an email indicating the scheduled refresh is paused, and the refresh schedule for the dataset is displayed as disabled. To resume scheduled refresh, simply revisit any dashboard or report built on the dataset.

In your scenario, please contact your Power BI admin and let him/her check audit log about ViewDashboard and ViewReport events last two months to see if there are records about report/dashboard created by this paused dataset. 

Also you can share the Activity Id, Request Id, Cluster Name with us, you can find it in the received email. I''ll try to reach the PG team and let them check this. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

fai

Activity Id: 0d16165d-651e-4156-8c09-32f45c848a95

Request Id: bc1f9533-3063-4ac4-b73d-02303b575fa0

Cluster Name: DF-MSIT-SCUS-redirect.analysis.windows.net

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @fai,

I 've sent a email to consult this issue with your information. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @fai,

I got below information:

User is from MSFT (cluster is MSIT)
Ask the user to open a MSIT ticket:
https://microsoft.sharepoint.com/sites/biatms/Pages/Resources/GetSupport.aspx

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song