Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

same dataset show differnt Date/Time format of a column in different file

Hi experts

I have 2 pbix files, which use the same dataset, and there is a column, let say 'Actual Time' storing as datetime type in db (23-Jul-18 07:20:19). the problem is 1 file shows the data as 'Time' format (07:20:19, and it's the preferred format in power BI), and the other file shows the data as 'Date' format (23-Jul-18). and both files have that column modeling setting - Data type : Date/Time, Format : 14-Mar-01 13:30:55()11.png

the question is, what is the possibility of different data showing? and how that the 1st file shows data as a 'Time' format while its type is DateTime?

thanks in advance for your answer

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @DavyNou

Did you open these reports use the same Power BI desktop in the same machine? 

Please add a new same visual and drag the same column to it check if the same issue occurs. 

Also please ensure you are running the latest Power BI desktop version 2.72.5556.701

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

DavyNou
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft 

yes, I opened them in the same Power BI desktop in the same machine at the same time.

and my BI desktop is Version: 2.72.5556.701 64-bit (August 2019).

and now the weird thing happens again. the file that shows Time format, now also change to Date formate after I close and reopen it. then I try to download from the app again (the app showing as Time format), but after downloaded and open in desktop, it still shows the Date formate. 

I'm really crazy about it.