Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

repeated issue with ResizeHandle when mouse pointer hits the edge of the screen

Power BI randomly starts to pop this error up when i hit the edge of the screen with the mouse pointer.

Closing and reopening Power BI desktop solves the issue for a few hours.

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'ResizeHandle'.
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CreateHandle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Handle()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.CustomNonClientAreaHandler.ShowResizeHandle(Point pt)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.CustomNonClientAreaHandler.OnMouseMove(Point pt)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.CustomNonClientAreaHandler.CheckForMouseMove(Message& message)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.CustomNonClientAreaHandler.OnWindowMessages(Message& message)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.MainForm.WndProc(Message& message)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Comments
jonespossibly
Advocate I

the whole error message is available on request - i can't post here as its over 20000 chars long

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@jonespossibly 

The latest version works fine for me. You may try to reinstall it.

jonespossibly
Advocate I

@v-chuncz-msft  - yep - I have the latest version installed.  this is the one its erroring on.

Version: 2.93.981.0 64-bit (May 2021)

Where do i go to report bugs?

NittanyLion2018

@jonespossibly Did you ever get this issue figured out as I am having the same problem as well now on just one of my reports?

jonespossibly
Advocate I

@NittanyLion2018  - I did a reboot of my machine and it hasn't happened since.  Sorry i can't be of more help.

NittanyLion2018

Ok, I will try that then, thanks.