Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

repeated issue with ResizeHandle when mouse pointer hits the edge of the screen

Power BI randomly starts to pop this error up when i hit the edge of the screen with the mouse pointer.

Closing and reopening Power BI desktop solves the issue for a few hours.

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'ResizeHandle'.
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CreateHandle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Handle()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.CustomNonClientAreaHandler.ShowResizeHandle(Point pt)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.CustomNonClientAreaHandler.OnMouseMove(Point pt)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.CustomNonClientAreaHandler.CheckForMouseMove(Message& message)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.CustomNonClientAreaHandler.OnWindowMessages(Message& message)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.MainForm.WndProc(Message& message)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Comments
jonespossibly
Advocate I

the whole error message is available on request - i can't post here as its over 20000 chars long

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@jonespossibly 

The latest version works fine for me. You may try to reinstall it.

jonespossibly
Advocate I

@v-chuncz-msft  - yep - I have the latest version installed.  this is the one its erroring on.

Version: 2.93.981.0 64-bit (May 2021)

Where do i go to report bugs?

NittanyLion2018

@jonespossibly Did you ever get this issue figured out as I am having the same problem as well now on just one of my reports?

jonespossibly
Advocate I

@NittanyLion2018  - I did a reboot of my machine and it hasn't happened since.  Sorry i can't be of more help.

NittanyLion2018

Ok, I will try that then, thanks.