Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

refresh issues with on prem data gateway

i have been using on prem data gateway for years and it worked fine until 2PM yesterday (Feb 6)

uninstalled, reinstalled, reconfigured data gateway but issues persist

however, no issue when the same dataset is refreshed manually using power bi desktop

Power BI Support team - can you please help? thanks

Hi @andrecxl ,

We have reported this issue and submitted it to the product team.
They have been aware of the issue and the engineers will do their best to resolve it. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient. 

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
andrecxl

here is what the error i get

Data source error: {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_TimeoutError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_TimeoutError","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: Budget.

andrecxl

additional info

Cluster URI: WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: c246ca77-e1d6-4f4e-a07c-91cdb01a65e7
Request ID: 579b3dff-a305-374b-6459-9f2ed3c332b6

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @andrecxl ,

We have reported this issue and submitted it to the product team.
They have been aware of the issue and the engineers will do their best to resolve it. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient. 

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

MarcusBD
Regular Visitor

Same problem here since last week. In our case it is reproducible:
Power Bi report with 2 datasources
* one excel file on sharepoint
* one on-premise SQL database
The problem arises when merging the 2 datasources, without merging refreshing via the gateway goes fine (desktop refresh is without problems in either case).
It looks like another issue:

Gateway data refresh fails when data is merged fro... - Microsoft Power BI Community

theadventurer
Frequent Visitor

22 Feb 2023 - This issue is resolved now - all the dataflows started working fine.

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft,

I get the below error when refreshing the dataflow - the error started on my scheduled refresh on 21 Feb 2023, all the dataflows refreshed fine before that date. I uninstalled the old gateway and installed the latest gateway version 3000.162.9 but still the dataflows won't refresh and shows the error below. I tried creating new dataflow and creating the queries again but once i refresh the data - it gives me the error. Please note all the queries work find in Power BI desktop.

Error:
Couldn’t refresh the dataflow because the on-premises data gateway was not found and might have been deleted. Please attach the dataflow to a different gateway and try again. Request ID: f3c54f96-a49e-722d-d26e-6d227c52f794 Activity ID: 126692e8-4294-4584-81f9-80fed72f3b75