Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

refresh failures

Experiencing a metric ton of refresh failures this morning that site intermitent issues. Error message is:
Failure details: The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support.

I understand transient issues but I am now at 18 failures. Is there a larger issue? Nothing on the support page.

Comments
kcantor
Community Champion

@vypox 

100% on the mircrosoft end. The really need to fix this. Multiple workarounds should not have to exist. Sorry this didn't help.

In the past, I have used Microsoft Support to reset a model to proper connection on the back end. While that won't help my current transient issue, it might help you. Hopefully they reach out to you and offer that assistance.

Of course, hopefully they fix this issue.

EmmanuelCelul

Hi All, same issue here on a dataset connected with ~20 reports since months. No gateways, all datas are stored on the web (dataflow/sharepoint).

Refresh is supposed to take ~1h15. A first refresh failed after 4 hours (time exceeded), then all subsequent refreshes failed after 8 hours.

Worst of all, manual upload from power bi desktop fail as well. It's like if the dataset file is locked on microsoft server. Only workaround is to publish a new dataset, then reconnect all 20 reports on it (!).

Any idea who to contact ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@EmmanuelCelul One workaround is to publish your report in different workspace. I think deleting cache might do the trick with uploading issue. This will enable you to refresh data in PowerBI Dekstop and republish it but it won't resolve issue with auto refresh.

EmmanuelCelul

@Anonymous : yes, indeed, or i can republish in the same workspace with a different name. But this is really terribly annoying.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@EmmanuelCelul I completly agree with you but unfortunatelly I'm stuck with this issue for four weeks and I still did not receive any feedback from Microsoft so I don't think they will resolve this anytime soon.

Barendnu
Advocate III

We encountered the same issue. Very annoying. Publishing from PowerBI Desktop doesn't work either. We have embedded / premium capacity, and were able to workaround the problem by turning this setting off and on again:

Barendnu_0-1616484439666.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

Similar issues over here. 
We have incremental refreshes enabled on certain tables.

Throughout the day refreshes are ok, but once past midnight it breaks down and the only solution is to republish the pbix every morning...

We see following error:

Data source error:Metadata change of current operation cannot be resolved, please check the command or try again later.

Regards,

Thomas

kcantor
Community Champion

Seven. Seven Times this morning. Seven different Models. Each had to be manually refreshed and refreshed successfully when manually kicked off. My models are fine. The scheduled refresh is not fine. Please Microsoft fix this issue.

@v-mushai  Can we get more info on this problem?

The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support.

Refresh failed:

Report name removed. has failed to refresh.
Failure details: The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support.

Next refresh for InsideSalesGoals is scheduled for March 30, 2021 14:00 UTC.

Technical Information

Activity Id:

0bd6cffd-9343-416e-b9d5-1d71ca9e09ec

Request Id:

7efaf4bb-ef37-4e1f-a76b-63b1b00fff08

Cluster Name:

WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-C-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Refresh Start Time:

March 29, 2021 14:05 UTC

Refresh End Time:

March 29, 2021 14:14 UTC

Quentin
Helper III

3 automatic refresh failure for my side... things doesn't seem to be resolved even if i don't know wha the issue can be...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Been getting this on my pbix uploads since 11am this morning.....

refresh.png