Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

refresh failures

Experiencing a metric ton of refresh failures this morning that site intermitent issues. Error message is:
Failure details: The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support.

I understand transient issues but I am now at 18 failures. Is there a larger issue? Nothing on the support page.

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kcantor  I totally agree it is bug and microsoft need to fix it because even for me I wasted my entire two days in this issue. I was just giving workaround.

kcantor
Community Champion

@Anonymous removing data should never be a work around. You built the data in because you needed the data there.

Might I suggest the next time it happens, instead of removing the data, you refresh your base model on your desktop and republish. That will get fresh data there without removing anything you might need when the issue resolves. Besides, if you are removing data, you are already refreshing the model and republishing. You just add the extra steps of editing the query.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@asolanki0530 Have you managed to solve the issue? Still waiting for microsoft to answer my support ticket. 😞

kcnighsurf
Regular Visitor

As I posted earlier, issue resolved itself with no change my end. This was purely a Mirosoft issue, they need support to ensure their systems are working. They should have monitoring/alerting and should know before us that they have backend issues and they should be communicating proactively so we don't waist time or make unnecessary changes to our data/configs.

Support reached out to me yesterday. Wanted to see the issue and collect more problem data before they took it to senior engineers back end. Told them it started working again then they ask silly things like they wanted me to edit the report in powerbi desktop to try that. Don't you love it when you pay for support that you don't need (As you don't have a problem) then support calls you (as they (MS) have a backend problem and you train MS support staff. We pay so we can train MS support staff to fix their issues LOL.

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I publish my PowerBI report I can't refresh it . Auto nor manual refresh don't work. I can easily refresh it manually from the PowerBI Dekstop so all credentials are working just fine. However, I was able to update everything by auto shecudling refresh and two days ago I started receving following message: "The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support". I have tried everything that I could find on Internent but without success

Anonymous
Not applicable

My users have been getting the error below since we upgraded the gateway over the weekend.  The same owl that was reported in a post above.  I opened a case with Microsoct.  Will let you all know what they say.

MKelly_0-1614786334247.png

Quentin
Helper III

Don't know if it can be related but i have a report with only sharepoint lists as datasource and the refresh send me this failure:

• Processing errorCredentials are required to connect to the Salesforce source. (Source at https://login.salesforce.com/.)
  • Cluster URIWABI-NORTH-EUROPE-H-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net

We don't even have salesforce in the organization and there is absolutly nothing related to salesforce in this report... :s 

ninosyacoub
Regular Visitor

We are expiriencing the same issue on our tenant. Not all the reports though. 

I also agree that the whole point of usin PowerBI is to cater for large amount of data. 

kcnighsurf
Regular Visitor

I still have my support ticket open, they say they have backend known issues but I can't get more specifics from the front level support person. Still waiting on ticket logged 26 Feb as to why we experience refresh issues.

dmckinney
Frequent Visitor

I am seeing this issue as well on a very small dataset of 2mb. Size of the data doesn't seem to be an issue. I have a larger report that is not affected. If this cannot be resolved soon, I will have to use another tool which is what my company has been looking at doing thanks to continued issues like this.