Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

"View as" timeout / crash (July update)

Hello,

I am running a data model with dynamic RLS. Every user is assigned to a (1) role based on userprincipalname(). This has been working fine for the last year but as I returned from vacation last week I found that something is not quite right.

The RLS is working in the web service but when I test it in "View as" mode in desktop app all my visuals keep loading until some of them crash and the desktop app eventually freezes. 

Since no changes have been made in my data model and I cant find any changes in my data I can only suspect that this has to do with the july update. Currently running Version: 2.107.841.0 64-bit. Issue seems to appear in previous versions (that havent been used, updated or repopulated for months) of my report aswell.

I have tried to reinstall PBI without any luck. 

Anyone experiencing the same problem or have a sollution for this?

Thanks,

Hi @osni 

I am so glad to hear that your issue has been solved . 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @osni 

It's normal in my July version Desktop . You mentioned that it might be related to the Desktop update, so what is the version that you tested without problems before? Can you provide the corresponding version number? If you can, can you provide your pbix file(remove sensitive info) again, I can test it in my environment. 

Best Regards,

osni
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft 

I'm not sure about my previous version. My company have frequent updates so my guess is that I was running the June version.  I built a new model using the same logic and the issue was replicated. As shown in the image below, the table is not being filtered but rather it just keep loading. 

osni_0-1659694617867.png

attached is my .pbix file for this project. 

Thanks,

osni
Regular Visitor

Hi again, @Ailsa-msft 

I tested the previously mentioned .pbix on my collegues device running Version: 2.103.661.0 64-bit (March 2022) and it works like a charm. Seems like the issue is related to the version I'm running. Any success testing this in your environment? 

Regards,

osni
Regular Visitor

Hello,

FYI, my issue was resolved by changing a line of code in my RLS-logic from using lastdate( validFrom ) to using max ( validFrom ) when determining the currently active team for my roles by date. 

Not sure why this works but I'm glad it does. 

Regards,

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @osni 

I am so glad to hear that your issue has been solved . 

Best Regards,