Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

"Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation."

I cannot refresh report in Power BI services because I'm getting constantly timeout refresh error. However until previous week it worked without any problems. I have some source tables from ODBC connector, some excel files and also I have plenty of "reference tables" that append and modify these source tables. I've change CommantTimeout and ConnectionTimeout in all my ODBC source tables to 4 hours,

"let
Source = Odbc.DataSource("dsn=xxxxxx, [HierarchicalNavigation=true, CommandTimeout=#duration(0,4,0,0), ConnectionTimeout=#duration(0,4,0,0)]),"

yet precisely after 2 hours my report will stop refreshing and throw this timeout error, each time on a different table though:

{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation."}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.HostingError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Timeout"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table:

I didn't see anything helpful in similar conversations so I need help please.

Hi @Pocahontas 

Can you refresh report in PBI Desktop ? Has a large amount of data been added to the data source recently, causing a refresh timeout ? You mentioned that you have change CommantTimeout and ConnectionTimeout in all my ODBC source tables to 4 hours , but in Shared capacity , the refresh time should not exceed 2 hours. 

You can use the following link to troubleshoot your problem .

Troubleshoot refresh scenarios - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @Pocahontas 

Can you refresh report in PBI Desktop ? Has a large amount of data been added to the data source recently, causing a refresh timeout ? You mentioned that you have change CommantTimeout and ConnectionTimeout in all my ODBC source tables to 4 hours , but in Shared capacity , the refresh time should not exceed 2 hours. 

You can use the following link to troubleshoot your problem .

Troubleshoot refresh scenarios - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao