Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

"This Report Could Not Access Data Source"

I'm struggling to access a report that I recently published to the service. The data comes from a SSAS cube which I am given read/write access to. I published the report to a shared workspace--one which I have successfully published to in the past--and get an error message saying "This report could not access the data source. Contact XXXXX, the author, to have it fixed." I have contacted the author and he could not figure out what is wrong either. He verified that my account is an admin on the gateway and that I have full access to the source cube. 

In general, this is a problem occurring more frequently in the last month. I don't know if data sharing rules have changed in recent PBI updates or if it's something new related to GDPR compliance, but this is holding back my work. Any advice would be appreciated. 

Comments
Olabenji
Regular Visitor

Ask the author if there is a row level security applying to your user. 

Or

Check the workspace and see what your user rights are. 

A combination of lower user rights on a workspace and row level security on the data could hamper your access. 

I faced the same situation for days until I was able to strike a balance between these two security constraints 

Hope this helps tho.

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem.