I'm not able to refresh my dataset in Power BI Web anymore.
Every time the refresh is triggered, an error message is displayed.
I've already checked whether there may be a measure or column with issues, but couldn't find any in the Power BI Desktop app.
Could you point me in the right direction what's wrong here? 😞
I actually cannot imagine that we use too many columns already.
We are using a mixed storage mode. Most data is retrieved through direct query mode.
Cluster URI: WABI-WEST-EUROPE-B-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.netActivity ID: d55b62e7-21e6-4446-8f1e-a099bacea305Request ID: c0491d51-3d70-38dd-6895-d94bc1c30266Time: 2021-08-05 10:06:13Z
Any help would be much appreciated!
You may take a look at the posts below.
Thank you for pointing me to some help pages.Will work through the lists and see what I can do
After working through a lot of web pages addressing this issue, checking DaxStudio, VertiPaq Analyzer, and removing everything I thought I didn't need (which ultimately lead to worse performance of some pages), I finally found the issue:
I created 2 calculated tables a while ago. It looks like they were causing all the trouble.
After I removed them from Power BI and build them in the source database instead, everything was fine.
Probably they could also reside in Power BI when rewriting the code, but I was not able to do that.
As a Power BI novice this took me several days now to find the root cause and I'm a bit disappointed about the unspecific message that was shown. It was definitely not helpful.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.