Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

"Submit an issue" workflow is broken

Consider the following use case which I went through in the last half hour or so:

• I work on some tutorial on the Power BI Service webpage.
  • I encounter a displaying bug
  • I click the smiliey in the top bar and click "submit an issue"
  • I'm redirected to this forum and create a new "Idea" in the issue section (btw. "Idea" is a rather confusing term to use for bug reports)
  • I write a bug report with screenshots and all and click "Post"
  • I'm promted to sign in or create a new account
    • I try to sign in with the credentials with which I'm signed up for Power BI Service, but it fails
    • I create a new account over the provided sign-up formular
  • The following "unexpected error" is shown: 2PraDGo
  • No verification mail arrives, so I follow the steps to resend the verification mail
  • The mail arrives, I verrify my account
  • I'm successfully signed up, but my post with text, images and all is gone. I'd have to rewirte the bug report from scratch again.

Clearly this should not happen if all I want to do is to be helpful and report a bug in your application.

Edit: As I'm trying to post this, I'm required to pick an "Idea Label", none of which is even remotely applicable. Does this mean this is not the right place to submit issues? If so I'm honestly not willing to search any further and spend even more time just to supply feedback.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @nka_dataone,

The Issues forum is for reporting Power BI bugs. As you already signed up the forum account, next time you can sign in then post a thread to report bug here. Based on my experience, the Issues forum will not save the draft of the post, so it's better to write your post in Word or notepad, then copy and paste here.

If the issue you encounter is not a bug, you can post it in these forums: http://community.powerbi.com/

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu