Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

"Permission required" message when all the guest users try to view all my report (April 2019 update)

Hello everybody,
since last update of April 2019, this popup("Permission required") still appear to all guest users (like ...@gmail.com accounts) that open all my Reports :

I can see in my panel that they have the "Read" Permission for the Dataset and for the Report, but they can't sill access.

Does anyone else had the same problem? How could i fix it?
It always worked before three days ago.
Thank you very much,
kind regards

Lorenzo

Comments
v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @lorenzolancio ,

I didn't encounter this problem in my environment. Via which way, you shared report with guest users? Planned invites or ad-hoc invites? Besides, please make sure the "Share content with external users" feature is enabled in the Power BI admin portal before inviting guest users. Reference: Distribute Power BI content to external guest users with Azure AD B2B

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

lorenzolancio
Frequent Visitor

Hello @v-yulgu-msft ,

Thanks for your reply.

I have shared the report via this way:

Cattura.JPG

I tried to share some reports with my Gmail account, but when i try to access with my Gmail, it doesn't works.

I verified that "Share content with external users" in Admin portal is enabled:Cattura2.JPG

I tried tu enable "edit and manage permission" too for external users, but it doesn't work anyway. All my external users still cannot see the reports that i share with them.

Last Friday I had a call with Microsoft technical support.

I hope that they will solve this issue soon.

Tell me if you have any suggestion for solving this problem.

Thank you very much,

kind regards,

Lorenzo

v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @lorenzolancio ,

Did you get any response from the support team? Does this problem persist?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu