Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

"Hide in See Records" has been changed to "Hide" and no longer is hiding in See Records

I create reports that have private personal information that is aggregated in Tooltips.  I used to use "Hide in See Records" so that other users could not click "See Records" and see client names.  However, a few days ago this option changed and is no longer reliably functioning.  Very frustrated.  Personally I feel that you should be able to turn off "See Records" entirely on some graphs.

Please tell me when this has been fixed.

Brian

Comments
v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @BrianHanrahan ,

Where is the "Hide in see records" option? Based on my test, it seems not possible to disable the "See records" functionality. Here is an idea submitted such a request.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

BrianHanrahan

In the list data variables on the right, you can right click an individual variable and get a menu.  That menu used to include an option "Hide in See Records" which has been modified.  It now just says "Hide" and it is not hiding the variable in See Records like it used to do.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @BrianHanrahan ,

I was not able to reproduce this problem. As you can see, I have hidden [Product] field in data table, after clicking "See records", it wasn't shown on report page.

1.PNG2.PNG

I tested with desktop version: 2.70.5494.761 64-bit (June 2019). Please update your desktop to the latest release for a try.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu