Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

"Go to report" from dashboard tile not working on Power BI Service website

We have dashboards with tiles pinned from report pages. Today, upon clicking "Go to report" or on the tile itself, they are not navigating to the report page. It does still work on the Power BI Service UWP app but not the website.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Does the issue happen to one specific dashboard tiles or all tiles? 

Please click on Edit details go to Tiles details pane, check if you set any custom link for the tile: 

q2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qiuyun-

Thanks for responding.

All the tile on the dashboard are similar and are affected equally. 

No custom link. Only Title, Subtitle and checked Display title and subtitle. 

This has worked fine until yesterday . We didn't touch anything. 

I've discovered some potentially significant background information: In the workspace where the dashboard was created, go to report still works. We have the dashboard/report/dataset in a content pack published to another group and got the content pack into that group's workspace. It is there that Go to report has stopped working even though we haven't done anything. 

Thanks,

Tom.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I have tested follow your description but not able to reproduce the issue on my side. 

1. Please try different browsers. 

2. Please check if other dashboards have the same issue after packing via content pack. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qiuyun-

As the only thing that changed between working and not working was updates to the Power BI Service website, we were hoping Microsoft would just fix it.

From what you say, I believe that we could try updating the content pack and/or getting it into the workspace again. That might reset internal some data that your website uses to be compatible with your updated code. (Again, without us doing anything, it continued working fine in the Power BI Services device apps.)

We may do that a future date. but, more likely, we will invest our time in converting it to a Power BI App, which would be the better choice in the long run. 

Thanks,

Tom.