Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

"Get Apps" button is not appearing in Power BI Service for some users

In the Power BI Service, usually on the apps page there are two buttons, 'Get apps' and 'Get more apps from Microsoft Appsource', both of these buttons are not appearing for some users. 

This is NOT the screen resolution issue that occurs when users do not have any apps. 

User has tried multiple broswers, Chrome, Edge, and Vivaldi all with no luck. Cannot access the Micrsoft AppSource from this link https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/getapps/apps just takes to home screen. 

roselilly23_0-1600744762301.png

Any suggestions?

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@roselilly23 

I cannot reproduce the issue. Try getting a network trace using a tool like fiddler and also try the ‘new look’ experience.

roselilly23
Advocate V

@v-chuncz-msft  The new look option does not work. The issue is only for some users but I have seen it multiple times. 

roselilly23
Advocate V

@v-chuncz-msft 
We have been able to narrow it down to an admin portal setting. It seems if the user is not enabled to "Author content in workspaces" then the "Get Apps" button does not appear in the Apps screen.
I do not believe the two should be related (but are) as getting apps is completely different from authoring content. 2021-03-31 09_00_40-Clipboard.png