Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

power bi was unable to read the application metadata

Something went wrong.
Please try again later.
TECHNICAL DETAILS
Power BI was unable to read the application metadata. Please check the PowerBI service status in the below support page and try again later.
Date and Time: 2019-03-25 13:20:23Z
ActivityId: 00b36551-8b3d-455b-b4cf-05f5d001eb36

I and users are recieving this error message when attempting to access Power BI online service.  I already tried clearing my cache and refreshing the browser and using a different browser and we are still getting the same message.
Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@cthurston ,

Do you get the above issue when after signing in Power BI Service? If so, are you still get this issue? It should be a temporary issue.

Regards,

Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

daedah
Helper II

Do you have a solution to this problem?

@cthurston wrote:
Something went wrong.
Please try again later.
TECHNICAL DETAILS
Power BI was unable to read the application metadata. Please check the PowerBI service status in the below support page and try again later.
Date and Time: 2019-03-25 13:20:23Z
ActivityId: 00b36551-8b3d-455b-b4cf-05f5d001eb36

I and users are recieving this error message when attempting to access Power BI online service.  I already tried clearing my cache and refreshing the browser and using a different browser and we are still getting the same message.

bidavid

I have the same problem. It seems to happen when I access from a VM (VirtualBox).

Regards

Wolfiz
Frequent Visitor

We've got this kind of error when just trying to access https://app.powerbi.com with IE11. Problem does not appear with Google Chrome or Firefox.

Is there a solution ? Or do we have highligh the root-cause ? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also getting the same error from two days:

Something went wrong.
Please try again later.
TECHNICAL DETAILS
Date and Time: 2019-08-07 06:27:44Z
ActivityId: 4527afce-90a5-4bf7-a86d-9055ea0f79f3

Does anyone have a solution for the same?
Wolfiz
Frequent Visitor

Does somebody already open an incident at Microsoft support ? It's perhaps related to a KB ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

My user also facing sam issue. just now i got ticket.Error Ticket 9-10-19.PNG

Help needed on this issue.

Is it intermittent issue. 

In MS Support page no info on PBI Service downtime

Support page.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got the error after publishing from PBI Desktop and doing a browser refresh of powerbi.com to see my changes.  My login had timed out.  I logged back in, still got the error at http://app.powerbi.com.  I got around it by using the 'Open [file name] in Power BI' link in my success pop-up from publishing from the Power BI desktop.

Hutchisoni
Frequent Visitor

Is there a fix for this issue yet as I am now getting this error. I've cleared my cache, tried Chrome & Edge - both giving the same issue.

I raised a ticket with microsoft last night and they closed it saying nothing was wrong with the service. I was able to get back in again last night, but the issue has started again this morning.