cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

power bi was unable to read the application metadata

Something went wrong.
Please try again later.
TECHNICAL DETAILS
Power BI was unable to read the application metadata. Please check the PowerBI service status in the below support page and try again later.
Date and Time: 2019-03-25 13:20:23Z
ActivityId: 00b36551-8b3d-455b-b4cf-05f5d001eb36

I and users are recieving this error message when attempting to access Power BI online service.  I already tried clearing my cache and refreshing the browser and using a different browser and we are still getting the same message.
Comments

@cthurston ,

Do you get the above issue when after signing in Power BI Service? If so, are you still get this issue? It should be a temporary issue.

Regards,

Lydia

Status changed to: Needs Info

Do you have a solution to this problem?

@cthurston wrote:
Something went wrong.
Please try again later.
TECHNICAL DETAILS
Power BI was unable to read the application metadata. Please check the PowerBI service status in the below support page and try again later.
Date and Time: 2019-03-25 13:20:23Z
ActivityId: 00b36551-8b3d-455b-b4cf-05f5d001eb36

I and users are recieving this error message when attempting to access Power BI online service.  I already tried clearing my cache and refreshing the browser and using a different browser and we are still getting the same message.

I have the same problem. It seems to happen when I access from a VM (VirtualBox).

Regards

Visitor

We've got this kind of error when just trying to access https://app.powerbi.com with IE11. Problem does not appear with Google Chrome or Firefox.

Is there a solution ? Or do we have highligh the root-cause ?