Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

power bi refresh for snowflake giving error

Hi Team

I am getting data refresh error in import mode in PowerBI service while trying to run the query in Snowflake database

Error: Statement exhausted compilation resources and was canceled. Please contact support.

This error I got in the first attempt of refresh

During second attempt for refresh I received the below error:

Before the data import for finished, its data source timed out. Double-check whether that data source can process import queries, and if it can, try again.

Please help me in resolving this issue

Regards

Arun Hariharan

Hi @Anonymous 

May I know whether you have issue to refresh same report in Power BI Desktop after downloading it from Power BI service? Is your report create with a large data amount from Snowflake? If you remove some unnecessary columns or rows from the model and refresh it, will it be refreshed failure? And there are two options in Snowflake connector can prolong the timeout time, please consider trying it.

vcazhengmsft_0-1643014554402.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Anonymous 

May I know whether you have issue to refresh same report in Power BI Desktop after downloading it from Power BI service? Is your report create with a large data amount from Snowflake? If you remove some unnecessary columns or rows from the model and refresh it, will it be refreshed failure? And there are two options in Snowflake connector can prolong the timeout time, please consider trying it.

vcazhengmsft_0-1643014554402.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun