Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

on-premises data gateway's service account failed to impersonate the user

Gateways are running, on, and all test connection work but reports cannot be updated since on-premises data gateway's service account failed to impersonate the user

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@cboris ,

Please make sure the on-premises data gateway has been updated to the latest version.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

MrIsacson
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue. Refresh schedule just stopped working a couple a days ago.

The on-premises data gateway's service account failed to impersonate the user.
Refresh failed:

Power BI desktop version 2.78.5740.721 64-bit (februari 2020)

On-Premises data gateway to version 3000.27.30 (February 2020)

Please advice.

Best regards,

MrIsacson

SELECTDBA
Advocate I

Same issue here.  Refresh schedule just stopped working a couple a days ago.

Refresh failed:

Power BI desktop version 2.78.5740.721 64-bit (februari 2020)

_chriZa_
Regular Visitor

Same issue here.  Refresh schedule just stopped working a couple a days ago.

Refresh failed:

Power BI desktop version 2.78.5740.721 64-bit (February2020)

amoto
Frequent Visitor

SAme problem, since yesterday, most of out DataSet refresh, either manual or scheduled, fails

SELECTDBA
Advocate I

I spent about 5 hours troubleshooting this yesterday.  Hopefully Microsoft gets a fix soon, and makes their errors more verbose.  If you all could, please upvote, so this catches Microsoft's eye.  This is our second major Power BI issue in as many weeks, with each issue lasting almost a week, and no response for Microsoft.  We pay way too much money for Power BI for this kind of service.  

MJT_MyersColl

Another with the same issue here, datasets stopped refreshing on Sunday morning, scheduled and manual refreshes fail. On-prem gateway updated, restarted, still being told the service account failed to impersonate the user.

An_DR77

Same issue with our gateway

Hafrunosk
Regular Visitor

Same issue, not for all datasets yet (cross-my-fingers).

amoto
Frequent Visitor

In the meantime we have a solution, we are overcoming the problem as follows :

Reset the gateway , whit this tip we can refresh for about 15 minutes, so, we can continue working, after this perdiod of time the problems comes back but, at least, we can survive with this primitive workaround. It is clear that is a problem at the servers of Microsoft as errors are intermitent for every dataset, it seems not related our gateway version (already updated) or our datasets (we have the same 50+ datasets stable since months)

saludos