Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

object reference not set to an instance

Dear Folks,

Getting below error while connecting Sharepoint link to powerBI. Tried all methods availble online on this forus but still the same issue Persists.

Kindly Help us on Priority Basis.

@power bi help

Capture.JPG

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

Please start Power BI desktop as administrator, then click on File -> Open to see if the same issue occurs. Also please ensure the pbix file is saved in local drive rather than network drive. 

You can also refer to this solution:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/PowerBI-desktop-64Bit-oracle-connection-error-Object-refere...

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

josejose
Regular Visitor

I am facing the same issue !! Power BI is down for my entire team. We are all getting the same error. 

josejose
Regular Visitor

@v-robertq-msft the link you provided is for Oracle. I am facing this issue with SharePoint. Could you provide an update on that please ?

suyoga
Regular Visitor

I am facing the same issue as well since last Monday 

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

According to my research, a similar issue has been reported internally, ICM: 268045992

In the latest updated information, the engineers haven’t found the root cause.

I will update here once I get any information.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

josejose
Regular Visitor

@v-robertq-msft any update on this error ?

ndufaut

@v-robertq-msft : Hi, i got the same error with the last version :

Version : 2.99.621.0 64-bit (novembre 2021)

Do you know any by-pass ?

josejose
Regular Visitor

@ndufaut ok so how this issue was resolved for me was by uninstalling Power BI desktop from my system and clearing all cache, cookies and restarting my system. During the uninstalling process what I found was somehow there were two versions of Power BI installed in my windows system. Once through the app store and one through the Power BI website downloads page. I would recommend uninstalling all versions and download the september vr of Power BI. I am using the sep vr, this error has not come back. Hope it helps. You can find previous vrs here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/desktop-latest-update-archive?tabs=powerbi-de...

hope this helps! Good luck!