Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mysql fatal error encountered during data read

Do power Bi has some limits of reading a Data from mysql database? I am using a query that for a month give me sth like 700.000 rows with no big problems. When I am trying to get period of half year(it is around 4 millions rows) I got error "mysql fatal error encountered during data read". Is this because of my PC hardware and I need for example more RAM to deal with this huge amount of data?

Currently MySQL database uses Import mode to connect in Power BI which has some limitations:

Import Mode Limitations in Power BI

• Depends on the imported data size, A lot of consumed memory and disk space
  • On your machine (during the implementation),
  • On the online/on-prem server (when it published).
  • The Power BI file size can’t be bigger than 1 GB.
  • You will get an error If the file size is bigger than 1 GB, in this case, you must have the Power BI Premium that allows having 50 GB file size.
  • No recent data without a refresh.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Currently MySQL database uses Import mode to connect in Power BI which has some limitations:

Import Mode Limitations in Power BI

• Depends on the imported data size, A lot of consumed memory and disk space
  • On your machine (during the implementation),
  • On the online/on-prem server (when it published).
  • The Power BI file size can’t be bigger than 1 GB.
  • You will get an error If the file size is bigger than 1 GB, in this case, you must have the Power BI Premium that allows having 50 GB file size.
  • No recent data without a refresh.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

technolo_bi
Frequent Visitor

So the only idea that I have I got this error because my file is going to be bigger then 1 GB.Do you know how many cells in PowerBI is equal to  1 GB? I think I was trying to have sth like 100 mln cells