Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

let members be able to delete a datamart

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Unable-to-delete-datamart/m-p/2673634

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Unable-to-delete-the-datamart/m-p/2696869

are reporting that deleting of a datamart is not possible for them. I can confirm that it is not posible as a member but you can do it as an admin. 

This should be posible being a member of a workspace you can delete datasets so that is something equal to a datamart. 

Please make this posible.

Hi @Anonymous 

For now, only the admin role of the workspace can delete the datamart. Although the member role has the delete option, it has no practical effect.

If you desperately need this feature, you can post your thoughts on the Ideas forum. If a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Ideas (powerbi.com) 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @Anonymous 

For now, only the admin role of the workspace can delete the datamart. Although the member role has the delete option, it has no practical effect.

If you desperately need this feature, you can post your thoughts on the Ideas forum. If a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Ideas (powerbi.com) 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Objection! How can you say that this is delivered? while only admins can delete, and there is only a fake buton to press on for members 🤣  . 

We seriously need this and to my believe this is the ideas forum. Am I posting this in the wrong place?