Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

issue dataflow with gateway

Hi,

It seems the new workspace causes en error when creating dataflows via a gateway.

The simplest query that returns an integer, for example, returns an error when selecting a gateway.
The same request works perfectly in old workspaces whether or not you use a gateway.

Does anyone have an explanation for this difference in behavior depending on the workspace version?

Regards.

Marc

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @palombie

Which connector do you use to create a dataflow? What's the detail error message? 

I tested with the SQL database connector and on-premises data gateway, it's able to create a dataflow successfully. Please try to update on-premises data gateway to the latest version then test again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

tlanza
Advocate I

I've been having the same issues for the past two weeks. I'm pasting my query created in Power BI desktop as a blank query in the service. My old dataflows work fine but I'm unable to associate new queries with my on-premises gateway as the options are greyed out in the settings for the dataflow.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @tlanza

Please check if the data source which new query connected to is supported in dataflow: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-dataflows-data-sources

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

tlanza
Advocate I

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft , it is supported.