Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

issue dataflow with gateway

Hi,

It seems the new workspace causes en error when creating dataflows via a gateway.

The simplest query that returns an integer, for example, returns an error when selecting a gateway.
The same request works perfectly in old workspaces whether or not you use a gateway.

Does anyone have an explanation for this difference in behavior depending on the workspace version?

Regards.

Marc

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @palombie

Which connector do you use to create a dataflow? What's the detail error message? 

I tested with the SQL database connector and on-premises data gateway, it's able to create a dataflow successfully. Please try to update on-premises data gateway to the latest version then test again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

tlanza
Advocate I

I've been having the same issues for the past two weeks. I'm pasting my query created in Power BI desktop as a blank query in the service. My old dataflows work fine but I'm unable to associate new queries with my on-premises gateway as the options are greyed out in the settings for the dataflow.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @tlanza

Please check if the data source which new query connected to is supported in dataflow: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-dataflows-data-sources

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

tlanza
Advocate I

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft , it is supported.