Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ios app does not render json theme font

The font set in the json theme shows correctly in the desktop tool and in the web browser, but does not render correctly on the iOS app. I have tested by setting various visualization styles without any resolution.

*iOS app fully up to date

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@eyebelieve,

I am unable to reproduce the issue in IPhone 6, my IOS version is 10.3.3, my Power BI app version is 16.8. And I am using this JSON file to change report theme. What is your IOS version? Do you use IPhone or IPad?
Power BI ServicePower BI ServicePower BI app in IOSPower BI app in IOS

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

eyebelieve
Frequent Visitor

This issue is specifically for Calibri font.

I am using an iPad. iOS version 11.4.1

My iPad Power BI App is version 16.8

(desktop tool/web service)

PBI-CalibriFont-DesktopWeb.jpg

(iPad)

PBI-CalibriFont-iPadApp.PNG

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@eyebelieve,

I have reported this issue internally : CRI 91872558. Will report back once I get any updates.

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@eyebelieve,

I got response from PG that some fonts are not supported on iOS devices, per Apple. Please render the Power BI report on the device browser (Safari) and compare the results.

Regards,
Lydia

eyebelieve
Frequent Visitor

I have rendered the PBI Report in Safari - same results:

PBI-CalibriFont-iPadSafari.PNG

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@eyebelieve,

I have reported it internally. Will post back once I get any updates.

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@eyebelieve,

I got response from PG:

"Please double check if your IOS actually has this font installed. We currently don't support importing font files. One solution might be to just specify a fall back font. Calibri is Microsoft font and usually comes with an Office. 

Regards,
Lydia

eyebelieve
Frequent Visitor

Hello Lydia - I am aware we are unable to support font files, but are you saying that the out of box Power BI font choices also have to be a font installed on  one's machine/tablet/etc.

On one test machine where Calibri is installed, the report renders with Calibri font as expected. 

On the other test machine and iPad without Calibri, the report does not render Calibri. 

If I install Calibri font and then open the report again, should I expect to see it render?

– Jackie

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@eyebelieve,

Yes. To render the report as expected in Safari of your IPad, you would need to install Calibri font on the IPad device.

Regards,
Lydia