Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

if I text search in slicer, i get this error message : Couldn't load data for this Visual

Hi,

I have problem to filter the part number by text search in slicer. i get error message as Couldn't load the data for this visual in Power bi Desktop.

Is there anyway to allow user to text search instead of select from the drop down list? Kindly advice....

I'm using DirectQuery mode to get data from Oracle DB.

Key in text search in slicerKey in text search in slicerhere is the errorhere is the error

if I'm in https://app.powerbi.com, i get differrent error message as :-

Couldn't load the data for this visual
Couldn't retrieve the data for this visual. Please try again later.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity ID: 3df1e730-cd7a-4275-ae67-82fed1f389e5
Request ID: 8a055afd-e880-4b02-a7ac-e918d3ad44bc
Correlation ID: 39ef166a-d95d-ba06-fd2c-e6bc83953797
Time: Mon Apr 20 2020 17:17:45 GMT+0200 (Central Europe Daylight Time)
Service version: 13.0.12887.307
Client version: 2003.5.00484-train
Cluster URI: https://wabi-south-east-asia-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

Another error message.png

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @LisaChai12

Which text did you input in the search bar? 

Please update Power BI desktop and on-premises data gateway to the latest version then test again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

LisaChai12
Frequent Visitor

Hi Qiuyun,

I input part number as M1099576-001$BF03 in the text search bar.

I have updated Power BI desktop to latest version. the data gateway was setup by IT, I don't have permission to setup by myself. From the picture below, is it setup as on-premises data gateway? sorry, i'm not familiar witht the data gateway setup.

if this setup is using on-premises data gateway, i will let IT to update the latest version.

Version: 2.79.5768.1082 64-bit (March 2020)

gateway connection.png

Today i have tested if I use data connectivity mode as DirectQuery, i have this issue "Couldn't load the data for this visual". But if I use data connectivity mode as Import, I don't have this issue.

May I know why?

Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue. @LisaChai12  did you get any solution for it ?