Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Share your ideas and vote for future features

0 Votes

There @ganeshanm78 ,

Try the below steps:

1. Open your Power BI Desktop app
  2. Click 'File'
  3. Click 'Options and Settings'
  4. Click 'Data Source settings'
  5. Select the offending SQL server instance, from the list of data sources
  6. Click 'Edit permissions' button at base of prompt screen
  7. In this new prompt screen, under the 'Credentials' section, click the 'Edit' button to open a new prompt and select 'Windows'
  8. Select either 'Use my current credentials' or 'Use alternate crednetials' (up to you, I just used mine)
  9. Click' Save' button to close this prompt and return to the 'Edit Permissions' prompt screen.
    • In here there is an 'Encrypt connections' option. If your server accepts encrypted connections this will need to be ticked, mine doesn't and so I left it blank.
    • If you're not sure, don't worry. When you click 'Refresh All' a prompt will tell you if you need to be unencrypted and you can come back and untick this box.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

0 Votes

Hi @alexdc12 ,

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it.
The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

0 Votes

Hi @Anonymous ,

Very similar to what you mentioned above, I could not reproduce the problem properly, it worked fine for me.
This may be a temporary problem, does it happen frequently?

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

0 Votes

Hi @QC ,

Thank you for the suggestion of feature improvements, they are by design so far. I suggest you submit an idea in the Idea forum. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products. What's more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best regards,

0 Votes

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on the information you provided we can understand that the problem only occurs in two specific workspaces
Please follow the article below to optimize the workspace content and see if there is an improvement.

Optimization guide for Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

0 Votes

Hi @funfax ,

Please first select the corresponding workspace, then click Settings>Datasets, select the corresponding dataset. Go to Gateway connection option, check if the gateway is configured fine then go to Data source credentials option, check if any data source credential is required.

vyanjiangmsft_0-1680511265518.png

Best regards,

0 Votes

Hi @ProfitwiseIQ ,

Please update to the latest version 2.115.1006.0 and try again.

Best regards,

0 Votes

Hi @dasteele ,

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it.
The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

0 Votes

Thanks for your sharing,this thread is closed now.

0 Votes

Hi @PVO3 ,

For some unidentifiable reason, I wasn't able to reproduce your question. Would you mind providing a sample pbix file that does not contain sensitive information?
We'll get back to the product team as soon as we are sure it is indeed an issue.

Best regards.

0 Votes

Hi @ibax ,

This is by design, Page level or report level filters will not work with selected visual bookmarks because it is in conflict with the "selected visual" concept, as those are tied to the page or report, rather than the specific visual.

Let's tack an example, Column1 is in both visual1 and visual2, page level filter is set to Column1="A", then we save a bookmark on visual1 with "selected visual", after that we delete the page visual filter, Column1 in both visual show all data. When we select the bookmark now, if page level filter is included, the page level filter will also effect visual2, which is in conflict with the "selected visual" concept.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_kalyj

0 Votes

Hi @ibax ,

If you would like to suggest  feature improvements, you may  vote the idea and comment here  to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,

0 Votes

Hi @Hongju_Jung ,

I have submitted your issue to ICM . I will come back with updates if there is any progress .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ yanjiang

0 Votes

Hi @malmeida 

I tried to restore the scenario you mentioned but failed, can you provide your pbix file for reference ?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

0 Votes

Hi @QC 

I created a simple sample with same version for you to refer to .

My original data :

vyetao1msft_0-1680243537771.png

Then I add a clustered column chart with these data . In my test, when I switch the date to the hierarchy, it is possible to display to day. Here are the steps I took to do this.

Recording 2023-03-31 at 14.19.52.gif

Is my operation consistent with yours? If there is anything different, you can provide it to me to use for testing.

Best Regards,

0 Votes

Hi @walaceribeiro 

Licenses are required whether you are sharing content with users inside or outside your organization. If you have not purchased a Pro license before, there is a possibility that your users are using the trial version of PPU license at that time.
Below is the introduction of PPU trial version, you can refer to it.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/service-self-service-signup-for-power-bi#use... 

Best Regards,

0 Votes

Hi @Maximiliano_33 

We can usually see the data source we are using in the Data source settings, but it is currently not possible to see the corresponding data source by table name. 

You can vote the idea and comment there to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . If a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,

0 Votes

Hi @QC ,

Thanks for your feedback!

If you would like to suggest product improvements, you may vote the idea and comment here  to improve it. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . The issue forum here is for user to submit bugs .What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,

0 Votes

Hi @tlederer ,

Please check the article below which provides guidance that enables developers and administrators to troubleshoot slow report performance. It applies to Power BI reports, and also Power BI paginated reports.

Troubleshoot report performance in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards.

0 Votes

Hi @mgutman ,

Paginated reports allow you to specify the view of the report people will receive in the subscription by setting the parameters in the subscription pane.

• Subscriptions can be sent with either the currently selected or default parameters for your report. You may set different parameter values for each subscription you create for your report.

• If your report author has set expression-based parameters (for example, the default is always today's date), the subscription uses that as the default value. You can change other parameter values and choose to use current values, but unless you explicitly change that value as well, the subscription uses the expression-based parameter.

More details: Paginated reports parameters 

Best Regards,

Idea Statuses