Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Share your ideas and vote for future features

0 Votes

Hi  @NeilHenderson ,

Are you having a problem with reports in import mode not refreshing properly and getting stuck on the refresh page?
Based on the information available we are having a hard time determining where the problem lies and need to investigate further.
As for interrupting the refresh in progress, you can try restarting your On-Premise Gateway.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

0 Votes

Hi  @Hongju_Jung ,

Thank you for your valuable comments. As the problem occurs in other products PowerPoint, please contact the corresponding M365 product support to give feedback on this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards.

0 Votes

Hi @Gitu ,

Usually such problems can be solved by reinstalling Power BI Report Server.
You can refer to the following two threads.

Unable to upload PBIX file to PBI Report server - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: Unable to publish report to RS - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best regards.

0 Votes

Hi @smalltownj0e 

When you create a new gateway and add it to an existing gateway cluster, that one is the main gateway by default.The gateway cloud service always uses the primary gateway in a cluster unless that gateway isn't available. In that case, the service switches to the next available gateway in the cluster.

You may also refer to Solved: Re: Identify primary/secondary in on-premises data... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

0 Votes

Hi @trathbone1 ,

I confirmed the issue and it really isn't in the App store anymore.
As far as I know, there is no other way to access it.

If you would like to suggest this feature improvements, you may vote the idea and comment here  to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

0 Votes

Hi @bmp_user 

Did you create this pbix file? Does it open on other people's computers with the same prompt?
Maybe you can turn off Automatic relationship updates in options and then open the pbix file again.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/desktop-create-and-manage-relationships#a...

Best Regards,

0 Votes

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please correct me if I misunderstood what you meant.
Do you mean that the Microsoft list you import into Power BI should be in text format but show "error"?

Does it work if you uncheck the box and retry it below?

vxiaoyanmsft_0-1683777078931.png

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

0 Votes

Hi @romoguy15 

Can you explain specifically what this black window popup for sqldumper.exe is all about? What version of Desktop have you updated to? Was it normal before the update? If you uninstall the current version and restore to the previous version, can you restore it to normal?

Best Regards,

0 Votes

Hi @MikeGaudet ,

Can you take a screenshot of your reproduction environment? I am still unable to reproduce the issue.

it is in the top right corner of the "? > About Power BI.

Best regards.

0 Votes

Hi @war4ct 

What is the corresponding data source for datamart? If you connect directly to the corresponding data source, can you get the latest data? Also does this happen only with specific datamart or all datamart?

Best Regards,

0 Votes

Hi @brendan_w_88 ,

I would like to confirm with you what connection mode you are using?
Are you configuring the correct data source and gateway when refreshing in Power BI Service?

Configure scheduled refresh - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards.

0 Votes

Hi @Karen_Mees ,

“The desktop and the service are 2 different enviroments, the service depends on the browser you are using that's what makes the difference but the data is the same everywhere. ”

For original post: Solved: Re: Report published is different from desktop fi... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best regards.

0 Votes

Hi @davedragn 

So did you fix your issue now ?

Best Regards,

0 Votes

Hi @CaseyWen ,

You may purchase the license through Microsoft 365 admin center under Billing > Purchase Services. Scroll down to "Other categories that might interest you" and click PowerBI then you will be presented with the license options.

I hope it works for you.

Best regards.

0 Votes

Hi @v-xiaoql 

The latest date is until the 9th of May, do you mean to update to the current latest date ?

vyetao1msft_0-1683787513687.png

Best Regards,

0 Votes

Hi @jchauhan ,

Please check that you have configured the correct credentials for each data source.

To validate go to data sets -> click the ellipsis icon -> settings -> data sets.

We need to make sure that the data source credentials are okay.

Best regards.

0 Votes

Hi @Anonymous 

According to the hint of the error message, the column contained in the visual application's filter may have been deleted, so it caused the error report. So you need to check in the PQ, if any column is deleted.

Best Regards,

0 Votes

Hi @Spudgun79 ,

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it.
The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient.

Either:
1. Update the Power BI setting to choose a Display Language from the dropdown, and bypassing browser locale
or
2. Updating the Browser locale to English (US)

Best regards.

Best regards.

0 Votes

Hi @vibhormittal 

I am so glad to hear that your issue has been fixed . I will change the status to "Delivered" .

Best Regards,

0 Votes

Hi @Anonymous ,

I would like to know if there is some detailed error message instead of an error code? Are you having this problem below?

Power BI refreshes are failing with error --Retry attempts for failures while executing the refresh exceeded the retry limit set on the request. 

Best regards.

Idea Statuses