New Idea
0 Kudos

This issue actually stems from an issue with UTC time not coming through from Salesforce properly. My workaround was to create a new column that adjusts for the time zone properly, and then assemble the date & correct time together into a new column.

This works perfectly in desktop:

CreatedDate_Final = (LeadAndOpportunities[CreatedDate_Day]) + (LeadAndOpportunities[CreatedTime])

but when published, that column is completely blank on web reports. CreatedDate_day is formatted from the imported "CreatedDate" from Salesforce, and CreatedTime is a date/time/timezone column that I'm just taking the "time" from.

Any idea how to get the column to not be blank on the web?

0 Kudos

Hello community,

One of our customer would like to use PowerBI. He followed the steps on the PowerBI page: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-content-pack-microsoft-dynamics-nav/ but the subscription is not working out. The Odata URL is absolutely not a problem but to connect Odata with PowerBi seems to be impossible. The Authentication method is set on Basic as described from Microsoft and the username is also properly entered. He is using a Microsoft Dynamics NAV in the cloud. 

Is there a necessity to have an Azure Active Directory?

Thank you for your precious advices.

Bild power Bi.jpg

0 Kudos

Every time anyone in my organization (and it's a BIG organization) shares a dashboard on Power BI with any group I'm part of (and have I said it's a BIG ORGANIZATION), their dashboard gets "pinned" to the left navigation bar automatically. This means I get dozens and dozens of new dashs added to the list weekly, and 99% of them I DO NOT CARE ABOUT.

PLEASE STOP THIS MADNESS. I should be able to opt-in to dashes I'm interested in (and I'm fine with you spamming the Notification list with notifications of new dashboards), but STOP FORCING THEM ON ME.

I've already spent way too much time selecting, "Remove"-ing (and then having to Confirm the removal) of the hundreds of dashboards I don't want burying the content I DO want to see. (And this process being a 3-clicks for every single removed dash is ridiculous as well, by the way.)

TURN THIS OFF or give the user a way to do so -- and the "Show" filter (All Content / My Content / Shared with Me) is ZERO HELP in this regard: All Content is exactly this problem, My Content contains NOTHING (because everything even I make is within controlled workspaces), and Shared with Me appears to have all the same content as All Content.

Please stop making me clean up other people's messes!

0 Kudos

additional info: when trying to refresh the dashboard tiles, getting the following:

Dashboard tile refresh has failed
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity IDcc4386c8-810c-42a4-8210-15c26f336bc1
Request IDae999227-a387-ee58-5ac4-187e24b5042e
Correlation IDbae4dc92-3dcc-ab66-7979-e88789519b83
Status code-1
TimeMon Dec 05 2016 17:26:39 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Version13.0.1700.720
Cluster URIhttps://wabi-us-north-central-redirect.analysis.windows.net

on another dashboard, I am getting this

Something went wrong.

Failed to load settings
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity IDcc4386c8-810c-42a4-8210-15c26f336bc1
TimeMon Dec 05 2016 17:32:13 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Correlation IDb14ee8d0-de25-ba6c-5de1-47230f6c449e
Version13.0.1700.720

0 Kudos

IOS Mobile App report refresh issue

by coenfiona Frequent Visitor on ‎12-05-2016 02:02 AM

Hi,

I read through a number of similar issues and pulling down on the dashboard for sync has been an improvement for us, however still not a full solution.  The business have reported that even though the dashboard tile refreshes, the underlying report does not. Can you please confirm if this is a general issue and if there is a way around it?  What are the minimum steps required for refreshing a dashboard?  Our refresh of the dataset is hourly in the evening and right now they have to go out and in of the application again to see the refresh.

Kind Regards,

Fiona

0 Kudos

ERROR LOADING

by sdmikejr Regular Visitor on ‎12-05-2016 03:03 PM

Failed to load group content

Activity IDd0e45905-2ab8-4a92-bcef-6cee198c810a
Request ID76212921-9fc5-2430-9ba4-e5ac5a72eea7
Correlation IDb4d5a048-6757-e357-54d1-a58f8c6d6df6
Status code-1
TimeMon Dec 05 2016 14:56:23 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time)
Version13.0.1700.720

0 Kudos

Time zone issue with Salesforce

by grodinsm Frequent Visitor on ‎12-05-2016 11:22 AM

I didn't notice the "don't post new issues here" on the old page until I was done posting my two issues, sorry for the duplication:

Salesforce reports time in UTC format with the correct time zone, but PowerBI seems to be misinterpreting the UTC time as the already offset time (it's not applying the UTC offset).

For example, 16:00:00 UTC -5 is seen inside of power BI. In Salesforce this same record shows 11:00AM EST. PowerBI should either be showing 16:00:00 UTC 0, or 11:00:00 UTC -5.

When you try to offset the time with the date/time/timezone functions, you get something like 11:00:00 UTC-10 which then gets adjusted to your local time zone automatically and you're again presented with 16:00:00!!!

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a query using Desktop version which connects to both Azure App Insight and Azure SQL DB.

The App Insight query was created from Analytics site, and exported to Desktop vesion using M language.

I published the query to Power BI Personal version from the Desktop version and created a report from it. I pinned the report to a dashboard in order to share it with other people and have it refreshed on schedule (once a day is good enough).

When I first published the report I chose OAuth authentication method but after that it disappeared from the authentication options of the datasource.

The report is not refreshed automatically and when I check it I discover that I need to re-enter the credentials.

I enter them (only options are 'Windows' and 'Basic' so I choose Basic) and it is working. But after a few hours it is again asking for credentials.

Here are some of the errors I received:

When trying to use a personal gateway:

Activity ID2d075996-ea69-46ef-a850-35c09badee92
Request ID4067b800-f141-9221-6fb5-cd7ea21b528d
Correlation IDa7481516-5b23-628a-5d30-a203bb4b80b1
Status code400
TimeMon Dec 05 2016 10:54:24 GMT+0200 (Jerusalem Standard Time)
Version13.0.1700.720

When clicking 'Refresh now':
Something went wrong.

There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.

Data source type
Processing errorThe data source kind doesn't support the credential type. Data source kind: SQL. Credential type: OAuth2.
Cluster URIWABI-WEST-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID2d075996-ea69-46ef-a850-35c09badee92
Request ID63a77c23-cfe1-b4e1-7bdc-a7f9466169a8
Time2016-12-05 08:56:28Z

From Data Source Credentials section:

Last refresh failed: Mon Dec 05 2016 10:56:28 GMT+0200 (Jerusalem Standard Time)
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.
Hide details

Data source type: 
Processing error:The data source kind doesn't support the credential type. Data source kind: SQL. Credential type: OAuth2.
Cluster URI:WABI-WEST-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:2d075996-ea69-46ef-a850-35c09badee92
Request ID:63a77c23-cfe1-b4e1-7bdc-a7f9466169a8
Time:2016-12-05 08:56:28Z

Your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid. Please update your credentials and try again.Hide details

Activity ID:2d075996-ea69-46ef-a850-35c09badee92
Request ID:394fa4c1-35a4-0042-e159-7aed7cfdf67d
Status code:200
Time:Mon Dec 05 2016 10:58:26 GMT+0200 (Jerusalem Standard Time)
Version:13.0.1700.720

0 Kudos

Unable to log in to submit a ticket

by ReneeO Frequent Visitor on ‎12-02-2016 05:55 AM

I am tryinig to enter a ticket for problems I am having with credentials and scheduling a refresh, but I get an error message when I try to log in to even submit the ticket.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

0 Kudos

We faced an issue with "-" in query parameter. It works fine until you publish the reports.

e.g. [Query=[page-id=Text.From(pageid)]] throws an error. 

0 Kudos

Hello,

I am attempting to use Power Query on data models I have created in Power BI. When I attempt to login to Power BI through the Power Query add - in, I am taken to a login page. I login using my work creditintials but the login screen says it is logging me out and I receive this error:

PowerQueryError.PNG

I am have Power BI Pro and Office 365. Currently I am using Excel 2010 version 14.0.7173.5000 (32-bit).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Kudos

We are facing issues with multiple database hits, instead of one.

We have created a base table that pulls data from a data source.

There are multiple tables created which pull filtered data from the base table.

Ideally, the base table should fetch data from the data source once, and all other tables should get it from the base table.

Whats happens is, each time a table pulls data from the base table, the base tables hits the data source and gets the data from there. This adds to an overhead of base table fetching data from the data source multiple times when we refresh the data.

0 Kudos

power bi - alerts

by ecalderon Visitor on ‎12-02-2016 03:13 PM

Power BI.JPG

Al crear darle pin a mi dashboard, queria aplicar el procedimiento de crear Alertas, pero no tiene el iconito, segun el video del procedimiento en : Alertas

Me pueden decir porque o que tengo que realizaR?

0 Kudos

The Data Group and BIn function in the October relese and data Clustering in the November release are all fantastic features that my clients have requested.  However, these features do not appear to be available at all if the data source is an SSAS data source (Tabular or OLAP). 

Is this a bug or a feature not yet implemented?  Is there any workaround?  Are you still working on this to deliver at a later date.

Please let me now.

0 Kudos

Power BI desktop - unable to connect

by Alia New Member on ‎12-02-2016 02:56 AM

Hi BI community, 

I have a huge problem with Power BI desktop and I hope you guys can help me to deal with it...

I started to use the BI pro version one week ago and I've noticed few error messages. It was ok in the beginning since it only required to close and open the software again but today I got this weird error message talking about connexions channels.

I tried to close and open again Power BI but my laptop (which is pretty new - ASUS R457U bought it one week ago in order to use BI since there is no Mac version) turned very slow and I couldnt do anything.

Then, I changed my strategy and decided to stop and start again the laptop, same result. Finally, I decided to desinstall and reinstall BI but surprinsgly, it doesn't work at all. I keep receiving this weird message talking about channels connexions that makes me wondering if the problem comes from BI or my computer.

Does anyone have the same issue or can help me clarify the situation ?

Cheers,

Alia

0 Kudos

Scroll not working on New Slicer Dropdown

by Zwakele Frequent Visitor on ‎12-01-2016 04:47 AM

With the new update giving an option to add a slicer as a dropdown, I found that the scrolling up or down on the slicer does not work on Dashboards or embedded reports. 

It works on PBI Desktop

0 Kudos

Hello PBI Team,

after the November 2016 update  - the colors of a Map Legend no longer match what is displayed on the map!

This seems to happen only when a DATE field is used for the Legend!

Simple to test - 1 table 3 columns

State - Value - Date

Florida - 100 - 9/1/2016

Texas - 300 - 10/1/2016

California - 200 - 11/1/2016

This is the result. It gets very confusing with the real world data... Please fix soon! Thanks!

2016 November Update - Map Legend.png

0 Kudos

When you add a Shapemap visual to a report, if you go to the format well, the Shape section is not available at first.  The Shape section only appears once a field from a dataset has been added to the Location field in the field well.  Once the Location field is populated, the Shape section becomes available on the format well and only then can you add a custom map.

The Shape section should be available immediately upon adding a Shapemap visual to a report.

0 Kudos

Cannot refresh data due to internal service error

by kcantor Super Contributor on ‎12-02-2016 06:12 AM

Only one of my datasets is experiencing a problem. Any advice?

Last refresh failed: Fri Dec 02 2016 08:53:37 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error.
Hide details

Cluster URI:WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:3799c4db-03d5-ec91-b78d-1fa652403258
Request ID:40631c60-5723-5057-6eeb-b9b0d2d4df77
Time:2016-12-02 13:53:37Z
0 Kudos

Using the new Combining Binaries functionality is not quite working as expected

In this scenario I'm consolidating CSVs from a folder

While the the Change Type elements are there in the process the final results do not have change type applied

E.g. 

In the Transofrm sample step (view) and Transform Function the type is changed correctly for date and values etc

Type Change 1.PNG

However in the final output it reverts back to MIXED Types

Type Change 2.PNG