Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

iFrame Embed Issue

Apprarently, a recent update caused the embed for iframe to reference an incorrect URL:

<iframe width="680" height="510" src="https://app.blob.core.windows.net/embed/snapshotEmbedHost.html?embedId=..." frameborder="0" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

This appears as though it might be a sandbox location instead of pointing towards the users environment.  The other embed code is working fine, just so you know.

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
ronkochanowski
Frequent Visitor

@v-chuncz-msft Not really the response that I was looking for.  I did use the regular embed code to accomplish what was needed.  The issue with the iframe embed code still needs to be addressed by Microsoft.  It's this that I was reporting.  So, simply using a workaround is not a strong response.

MAS13
Helper I

I am also having an issue with this.  Spoke to support and they are clueless about this problem.  They said they were not told about this change and they believe that it was a mistake globally.  

I have tried the other URL and without the Iframe it is useless essentially.  That will only give you a link to click on.  

Hopefully they will get this straight soon.  

This was actually the first post I saw for the last 10 days about the issue.  

ronkochanowski
Frequent Visitor

@MAS13It was seeming that MS was clueless on the issue...

Here's my workaround:

<div class="embed-responsive embed-responsive-16by9">
<iframe class="embed-responsive-item" src=" [[ place URL from 1st embed here]] " allowfullscreen></iframe>
</div>

The div embed class is bootstrap, which is what made it work for me. 

MAS13
Helper I

@ronkochanowski Thank you so much for this workaround.  It defintely works and took a lot of stress off my mind.  

I agree MS really dropped the ball here.  Hopefully they will get it straightened out.  

I wish I could mark your answer as correct but it is not showing me any thumbs up.  Nor could I reply to your msg directly.

Thank you again. 

CesarArenas
Frequent Visitor

Thanks a lot @ronkochanowski!!!

This works perfect